Automated chats on Messenger
Pages can message you using Meta APIs on our Developer Platform to create automated chats on Messenger. Where legally required, these automated chats must tell you when you're interacting with them. This includes:
- At the beginning of the conversation
- After a significant lapse of time
- When the conversation is passed from a human back to an automated chat.
Pages can also remind you when you're messaging with an automated chat, even when it isn't legally required.
When you start a conversation with an automated chat, the chat will indicate that it's automated.
Facebook and Messenger from Meta may also use automated chats.
Stop messages from an automated chat
- Learn how to turn messages off from a business.
- Learn how to stop receiving regular messages from businesses about topics you're interested in.
- See the policies and requirements that apply to automated messaging on Meta technologies.
- Read about the automated messages Meta may send you over Messenger.