Change the theme or color of your messages on Messenger
iPhone App Help
iPad App Help
Android App Help
You can pick different themes, colors and gradients for your conversations in Messenger. When you choose a theme or color for a conversation, the text box will be set to that color in Messenger, messenger.com, the Messenger Desktop app and messages on Facebook.
Note: You can only change the theme and color of your messages from the Messenger app on your phone or from messenger.com on your computer. You can also ask the person who changed the message color to change it back to normal.
Change the color of your messages
- Open the conversation you want to pick a color for.
- Click then click Theme.
- Select a new theme for the conversation.
- Click Set Theme.
- From Chats, open the conversation you want to pick a color for.
- Click , then click Customize Chat on the right.
- Click Theme, then pick a color for the conversation.
- Click Save.
Keep in mind that some themes include word effects, which are animations everyone sees in the chat when you use certain words or phrases. If you do not want certain word effects to appear, you can learn how to remove any word effect.