Unable to send messages on Messenger
If you’re having trouble sending messages on Messenger, we recommend trying these solutions.
- Update your Messenger app to the latest version.
- Connect to a reliable Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure your device has enough storage.
- Close your Messenger app and restart your device.
- Make sure the person you’re replying to hasn’t deactivated or deleted their account.
- Make sure you haven’t blocked the person you’re replying to and they haven’t blocked you.
- If you’re replying to a group chat, make sure the other members haven’t left the conversation.
Some reasons why you can't send messages
- You sent a lot of messages recently.
- Your messages went against our Community Standards. This may cause your account to be temporarily restricted and prevent you from replying.
- There may be problems with your app, device or internet.
If you're blocked from sending messages, please note:
- This block is temporary.
- You can still connect with your confirmed friends through the Facebook app or www.facebook.com while you're in this block by leaving comments on posts, posting on your profile or using other Facebook features.
- If you can't send messages, you may also be temporarily blocked from sending friend requests.
Make sure you can send messages in the future
- Use the name you go by in everyday life to help the people you're messaging recognize you.
- Once your block is over, please send messages and friend requests only to people you know.
- Learn more about our policies from our Community Standards.
If you’re still having trouble after trying these tips, you can learn more about: