How do I create or end a room in a Facebook group?
Change platform:Computer Help
If you don't see the option to create a room, it might be because the group admins turned off rooms in the group.
Rooms let group members meet and connect over video chat.
Members can create a room if group admins allow. Room creators can choose to make the room open to the whole group, or to make the room open only to members who receive an invite. They can also approve members who request to join the room.
If the admins have post approval turned on, they'll need to approve all rooms created by members. Admins and moderators can also end rooms and join any room in their group.
To create a room in a group:
- From your Facebook Feed, click Groups in the left menu and select the group you want to create a room in.
- Click Rooms at the top of the group.
- Name the room, choose the start time and select the audience (specific members or all members).
- Click Next and then Post.
After everyone leaves the room, the room will remain available to restart anytime unless you end it. Ending a room means no one can join that room again. You might choose to not end a room if, for example, you have a recurring meeting and you want the room name, settings and link to remain the same.
To end a room you created:
- From your Feed, click Groups in the left menu and select your group. If you don't see Groups, click See more.
- Click Rooms at the top of the group, then click next to the room name and select End room.
To send a message in a room:
- From the room, click in the top right.
- Write a message and click to send.
Keep in mind:
- The room creator must be present for the call to start.
- For now, you can only create an invite-only group room from your iPhone or Android.
- Group admins can remove a room you created. They can also stop allowing rooms in the group.
- If you don't see the option to create a room, it might be because the group admins turned off rooms in the group. If you don’t see the chat option, it could be because no one else is in the room, or because the admins don’t allow in-room chat.
- Pages that are members of a group can’t create or join rooms.
If you're a group admin, learn how to manage rooms in your group.