Download or update your Messenger app
Android App Help
iPhone App Help
iPad App Help
Facebook Lite App Help
It's important to keep your Messenger app up to date. Installing the latest version may help to fix problems when something's not working.
Note: If you can't download the Messenger app, you can use Messenger on a computer at messenger.com.
Download or update the Messenger app
- Go to where you get your apps.
- Click or tap the Messenger app and follow the on-screen instructions.
For Apple computers, iPhones and iPads
You can go to the App Store to download Messenger for the Apple Mac.
For Windows computers or Android phones
You can go to the Google Play store to download Messenger for Windows Desktop.
To check for updates for Windows:
- Open the Messenger app for Windows.
- Click in the top left.
- Hover over Messenger and then select Check for Updates.
Tips for troubleshooting
If you're having trouble downloading or updating your Messenger app:
- Make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi or mobile data connection.
- Check your device's storage space to make sure you have enough space to install the app. Learn about storage for Apple devices and for Android devices.
- Check for system updates in your settings.
- Confirm the app is available for your device.
- Delete the app, then reinstall it. Note: Ensure that you've enabled secure storage to keep your messages when you reinstall the Messenger app.
You can download a copy of your information on Messenger at any time.