Something’s not working with my camera, microphone or speakers for video calling on Facebook.
Change platform:Computer Help
This is about using messages on Facebook. For help with the Messenger app or messenger.com, visit the Messenger Help Center.
If something isn't working with your camera, microphone or speakers for video calling on Facebook, here are some things you can try:
Check your computer's hardware settings
- Make sure that your camera and microphone are turned on. Close any open programs like video-calling that may already be using your camera or microphone.
- Make sure that your computer has selected any external camera, microphone or speakers that you’re using.
- Make sure that your microphone isn't on mute.
- Make sure that the program has permission to access your camera, microphone or speakers. You can check this on your computer or browser settings. Learn how to check your computer settings from Apple Support or from the Microsoft Support page. You can also check your Google Chrome browser settings on the Google Chrome Help page.
Restart your browser and computer
- Close your internet browser and restart your computer.
- Check your internet connection.
- If your internet connection is slow, try reconnecting to your Wi-Fi network or connecting to a different network.
Check your internet connection
- If your internet connection is slow, try re-connecting to your Wi-Fi network or connecting to a different network.
Ask your friend to check their hardware and internet connection
- If you can't hear or see the person you're video calling with, ask them to try the steps listed above.
Let us know if you're still having issues with your audio or video call
- If you're still experiencing a problem after trying these suggestions, learn how to report a problem.