What can I do to keep my Facebook account secure when using payments in Messenger?
Payments in Messenger are only available in the US at this time.
Here are some things you can do to help protect your Facebook account when using payments in Messenger:
Use our security features
- Set up a PIN for Facebook Pay.
- Turn on two-factor authentication.
- Set up alerts for unrecognized logins on Facebook.
Only use payments with people you know
- Only send and receive money with people you know.
- Don’t accept friend requests from people you don’t know.
Never share your account information
- Never tell anyone your account password or payment information.
- Always log in at www.facebook.com.
- Log out of Facebook when using a computer you share with other people.
Report scammers and suspicious activity