What should I do if someone's bothering me in Messenger?
Change platform:Computer Help
If someone sends you a message that makes you uncomfortable, you can:
- Block messages from them. They won't be able to contact you (example: send you messages or call you) in Messenger, or message you with Facebook chat. Learn more about what happens when you block messages from someone.
- Report a message if it's threatening or you think it goes against our Community Standards.
- Report a secret conversation if you think it goes against our Community Standards.
- Ignore the conversation.
- Delete the conversation from your inbox. This won't delete the conversation from their inbox. If you want to report the conversation, take a screenshot before you delete it.
- Block them on Facebook. Learn more about what happens when you block someone on Facebook.
If you think they're using a fake account or pretending to be you or someone else, you can report their Facebook account.